Friday, January 02, 2015

Stargazing

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


As many of you know, 2014 was not exactly a banner year in my household. I seriously considered writing a satirical Christmas letter filled with only the bad stuff, but I wasn't sure my friends and family would appreciate my attempt to laugh at it all.

The reality, though, is that there were many, many wonderful small moments this year. Mostly they were moments of love. Love from my family, and love from my spectacularly wonderful husband. For us, it seems that hard times have brought us all closer, and that is certainly a reason to celebrate.

I look forward to better things in 2015, but for now, here is a glance back at a few things that made me smile this year.




January rock climbing in Tahoe with my sweetie.

With sister Laura at the annual SnowJam in Arnold.

Chicks at Way Too Cool 50K

Skiing!

After a run up Old 40, JP and Kathy D still aren't tired!

The Lake Sonoma 50 crew.

Finding friends at the bottom of Eldorado Canyon.




Before the Bishop 100K


Recovery drinks after a run on the Flume Trail.


The Dream Team (Laura and Jamie) at San Diego 100.

Monday evening run with the Donner Party Mountain Runners.

Penstemon on the PCT



Four days on the TRT with an amazing group.

Post-run in the Hoover Wilderness.

Bike ride with dad in SoCal

Laura sings "I'll Fly Away"

Becoming a member of the UNAFRAID!

Pacing Victor at the Tahoe 200

Muscle power gets the concrete countertops in place!

14-year-old Gus still gets after it like a puppy!

Celebration of 14 years of marriage 

Donner Summit to Sierra City on the PCT


Fall on the trails in the Trinity Alps

Family hike along the Little Truckee River

Windows at Segerstrom Hall, where Dad and I saw the L.A. Philharmonic

Andrew and Spencer get goofy while cooking me up a fab birthday dinner.

With Helen before the start of CIM

Powder day at Sugar Bowl with my sweetie


I wish you all a happy and healthy 2015, and I hope to see you out on the trails!




No comments:

Post a Comment